Thursday, October 11, 2012

Benkei - Paint Tool Sai


I recently discovered a new digital art program called Paint Tool Sai. I do believe it is a Japanese program. I have seen many artists, some mangaka, use this program to draw and color in. I must say now that I have played with the program I am quite enjoying it. It has many paint tools that are pretty easy to use once you get used to it. Sai is a very small program compared to Photoshop. Of course you cannot do as many things as in Photoshop but the good thing is you can open PSD files in Sai and go back and forth with Photoshop. 
I sketched, inked and colored this image of Benkei all in Sai. I used a normal brush for him and the watercolor tool for the background. The inking and coloring went way faster then my normal routine. I am gonna have to use this program much more. 

If you are interested in using this program you can find the English version online. I do believe to buy the program you will pay less than $100 for it. Not bad when Photoshop cost $500 or more!!! (Look up brush sets that other artists have made. They can help a lot!)

2 comments:

Michael Linn said...

Oh my god he looks so cute!


DO TREVOR WITH SAI!!

FMX said...

Thanks Michael! I do need to draw Trevor! I miss him! LOL