Tuesday, February 19, 2008



Rocket Man!




Can you tell who drew the image above? Well when I first saw it I could not believe my eyes to see that a drawing I had done could look so different when someone else colored it. This was commission piece I did for someone not too long ago. He asked me to just do a line art image because he wanted to color it. I was pleasently suprised to see the final result. I never thought by having someone else color my work that it would give it such a different look. My style still shows through on how the muscles are drawn....I tend to have my own style when it comes to drawing them. Other then that I think it would be quite difficult to tell that I was the original artist. Maybe you all can be te judge of that?
I think the artist that colored this image (He shall remaine nameless) is quite talented. I definatly like he futuristic background. If you read any of my blogs you know I am not too confident on my background drawing abilitys.
I added the original line art of the drawing so that it can be compared to to colored one. I still think they look way different. Let me know what you all think?





5 comments:

Tommy said...

I like your coloring style better, but I think I know who the artist is.

Adam G said...

The coloured one looks larger. Plus there is the illusion that the lines are thicker by the shading especially around the chest area.

The colourist has done a fantastic job on it and did a superb background.

A very nice collab <3

JC said...

The client has a good sense of rendering but I totally understand what you mean about the coloring totally changing the "look" of it. I mean, I would have still guessed it was your drawing (cuz I know yer stuff man!) but yeah, it does take on a different feel than your other stuff.

BTW, he looks a whole lot like Marvel's Nova.

dreamerboy6 said...

Wow, I must not be terribly observant...! Without having been told in advance, I really don't think I would have pieced it together that this was your line art! Hmmm, this artist's coloration is interesting. It gives the piece a strong sense of realism. Still, I have to say your coloration style turns me on more.

FMX said...

Thanks dreamerboy6!