Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Sexy Barbarian!



This drawing was first to be a full body anatomy practice but it turned out to be a character image. Here is my barbarian from my "Renaissance" series. I thought that since I don't post too much on my blog that I would add some flair to the image and share it with everyone.
I have posted some images of my barbarian way back when I first opened up this blog. HERE
You can see quite a difference in how I now draw him. He has become more rugged and serious. I also added a bit of facial hair. He kind of turned out to look a bit like Kratos from the "God of War" series. This was not intentional but kind of a happy accident.

One thing I noticed that when I draw a full body image I tend to make my characters feet way too big for there bodies. I could have corrected his feet size if I drew it on the computer but I did this with old school paper and a pencil. I liked the way the feet came out so I did not want to erase and redraw them. If I ever decide to ink and color this image I will correct it then.

Speaking of large feet. When I do this with my drawings I can't help but be reminded of the character designs from the Street fighter Alpha series. I added a couple of images below so you know what I am talking about. Do you see the similarities?

Oh and I have no idea what to name my barbarian. Any ideas? That would be great!



5 comments:

Jezza said...

Don't change the feet!
Big feet are great! The Capcom style was one of my biggest influences and still one of my favorites.

The fact that your character is a Barbarian makes his feet all the more appropriate.

Busiris said...

Yeah I kinda like the way the feet looks. XD It's suitable for the style and not too outragious anyways! Great work though. Thems some awesome linearts. ^^

FMX said...

Thanks guy for the compliments. Oh I don't plan to change his feet very much. They will still be large. just going to adjust them a little bit to be more in proportion.

Anonymous said...

Keep the feet! You know what big feet mean... *hinttity, hint-hint*

FMX said...

lol thanks! Oh and its is true about big feet when it comes to him. LOL :)