Wednesday, June 09, 2010



Male Sailor Moon Concept


I have seen a few concepts for a male version of a sailor senshi floating around DA before. One thing I noticed but what did not make sense to me was some of them just wore regular sailor outfits that they have in the Marines. I mean isn't Sailor Moon a Japanese type super hero? Why would the senshi costume just be regular cloths?
So I thought of what American style male super heroes wore and I adjusted the SM costume to fit that. I took off the bows of course and replaced the skirt with pants to masculine the costume up. I added a belt to round the whole thing off. I made him have a molded chest plate that makes it look like he has pecs. Much like how Roman soldiers have the molded chest plates. So no that is not his real chest. As you can see from his arms he has a average build. I think it came out pretty well. Its a bit flamboyant but not too much more then what Superman wears.

*note* I am very aware sailor senshi can only be female. This is a idea of what Sailor Moon would look like if in a alternate universe all the senshi were male.

8 comments:

Michael Linn said...

aww...he's so cute, i wanna hug him :p

nice back ground btw.

WTJohn said...

yeah, i noticed that too
its nice to see you take it on
good job ^_^

Anonymous said...

Check this out - A Gay male Sailor Moon Parody by the artist Suvweb. Its in all Japanese, but I love the art.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~suvweb/comic/tsunamun/tsunamun.html

FMX said...

Thanks Michal and WTjohn. Glad u like it.
Oh and thank for the link to the web comic mr. anonymous. It was way cute. Not as "hard core" as I would want it but still a fun read.

FenixDincht said...

This is a most awesome idea. Very well done and would love to see your take on the other Senshi.

FMX said...

thanks Fenix. Actually there are some changes I want to make to his costume. There might be a second version of him someday. I just might have to do more male senshi.

Mindtrip said...

From one SailorMoon fan to another, that is fucking awesome.

Cant wait to see what the other male senshi look like.

FMX said...

Mindtrip- yes I think I might have to do more. Hmmm who to do next?