Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I was Robbed!


As some of you might know I currently play Final Fantasy XI online. I have been playing this game off and on for about two years now. In early January I was logging on my account and my passwords did not work. I tried a number of times to log in but still was not successful. I planed on calling customer service but they are not open on weekends. (which is when all this was happening) On that following Monday I called the customer service line. What they told me was a total shock! They told me that my credit card number and password was changes. I of course did not do this my self by any means. I was not expecting for someone to have broken into my account.
After fileing fraud with the company and having to sign and get paper work notarized two months had passed. It was a longer process then I thought it would have been. Well it did not help that the first time I sent the paper work I forgot to put my player ID. So I had to send it again. Hehehe
When I was finally able to log back in I had about half of all my items and all of my money stolen and I was on a different server. I was super upset and very irritated on all the things I had to do just go get every thing back to normal. (it was a long process) After all the time I spent on fixing everything they were only able to give back half of the items that were stolen and non of my money.
If they were not able to retrieve any of my items I was going to give the game up and start playing World Of Warcraft. If any of you play online games like this you know how much time it takes to progress in the game and get items and money. To lose all of that would make the game pointless to pick back up. I did not play for two years to start back at square one.
Well since I was able to get some of my things back, I decided to keep playing the game. I had to post a blog and rant about my problems. I feel much better now. LOL


*EDIT*

Mark requested to see the full image of Sentury. So here it is! Enjoy Mark!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your account being hacked =\. I know how much time it takes to get anywhere in FFXI since i play it to and it sucks having that happen a few of my friends have had it happen =\

FMX said...

Oh yeah I kbow its just a game but you really do put a lot of wok into. (hope it never happens again...knock on wood)

FancyLad said...

Sorry to hear about that fmx, I'm a WoW player and that's happened to a couple of my friends and it can be a real pita to get your stuff back.

While I still have some space left to type, can we see the rest of Sentury? =P

FancyLad said...

Thanks FMX <3

Kelly Olson said...

Awesome blog yoou have here