Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What the Hell!!!
So I just went through hell to get my stolen FFXI account back. (See post below this one for all the drama.) Well after a week or so everything was going fine. They were able to recover half of my stolen items..none of my gold, but it was still better then nothing. I really did not want to give up the game. One day when I left for work I came home to find that someone changes my password on me again. It was 11 at night so I had to wait till the next day to call customer service. It was to late it all my stuff got stolen yet again!
I did a virus scan and a ad-ware scan and it did not turn up anything. I got a better ad-ware removal program and it did find a "keylogger". To be on the safe side I deleted the whole game off my hard drive. I am going to have to load the program back on t m computer and test it out to make sure no one logs into my account again before I ask to have my items restored.
I am currently waiting to get my account back. I had to do another fraud report for the mishap. In the mean time I was looking for an alternative game to play. I have heard a lot about World of Warcraft. I downloaded the trial and from only ten minuets of playing I knew I did not like it as much as FFXI. Main reason being that none of the male characters is HOT! Its a dumb reason I know...but still. LOL
My other alternative is Phantasy Star Online.
The characters here awesome looking and you have ton of options to make your character look different. There is a free trial to play the game. I may just have to try it out soon. Any one else know anything about it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn im sorry to hear it happened again =\ hopefully can get it set and everything sorted so you dont have the same problem happen again =\

Anonymous said...

awwww man.. that must suck, thats crazy that you got hit twice, let me give some advice from what i heard about accounts being hacked on ffxi, not trying to give a lecture, but here are some helpful tips...

1. Avoid any and all Real Money trade websites or advertisements(from links, pop ups, in game shouts/pms). Those sites are always questionable and should be avoided at all cost.

2. Avoid FFXI.Somepage.com / ffxiah.com. Those sites have been known to cause some problems and should be avoided, ffxiah seems to be ok, but i heard some bad things about it, so i avoid it anyways. ffxi.somepage is a definite problem.

3. There has been news of Chinese products to have embedded viruses in them that have been linked to stealing game accounts. I cant find the link to the original newscast, but i remember it mentioning some of the products were bought from Sams Club/Walmart, an example of the items that had this was a digital photo frame.

4. The best and most safest thing to do is to use Firefox web browser and use a function that it offers called "No Script". Using it can be such a drag cause it will block EVERYTHING, but its safe, and will allow only what you allow. Safe internet browsing right there.

5. The best place to look up stuff on FFXI. FFXI.KillVoid.com (Killing Ifrit). Wiki.ffxiclopedia.com, ffxi.allakhazam, and blue gartls, i forget how to spell the site, i dont go there cause the people there are "133t" and most of the stuff posted there are in Killing Ifrit anyways.

Again, not trying to take control of the situation, not trying to give a lecture, but these are some sound advice, im fortunate to not have gotten hacked yet and i hope it stays that way, and these are some of the things i follow. Phantasy Star online i heard is a good game, but i would hate for you to leave FFXI, i personally love the game and it would be hard for me to leave it, but i understand your situation and i just hope for the best.

Unknown said...

wow! that sucks like, i play FFXI too, only lvl 20 but u have to work really hard to get even that far, i understand ur frustration.

I also play Phantasy Star Universe, the latest in the Phantasy Star Online games. I never played Blue Burst but i know the servers were shut down not that long ago as it is quite an old game and every one plays Phantasy Star Universe now.

FMX said...

Thanks Havoc and everyone else. I did find out about the ffiah.com site. I also used somepage.com. I notice that my account was fine until I started using ffiah.com. That is sad cause I liked both sites.
Akuma 19...is phantasy star universe better then FFXI?

Anonymous said...

well good to know you have some idea as to what might have cause the problem, hopefully if you avoid the sites you will be fine and no other problem arises.

and i agree with you, ffxi has some nice looking male characters, definitely a plus to the game lol

Unknown said...

In my opinion I like Phantasy Star Universe just as much as FFXI. PSU is more action based and has a very nice anime style to it, all the characters are extremley customisable, allowing to give ur character a very unique look. Theres are cool abilities and spells too, which can evolve as they lvl up and become much more powerful and more dramatic. Its a really good game and one of the best MMORPG's around in my opinion, its also cheaper than FFXI and u can have multiple characters that do not cost any extra money.