Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Wheel of Time - Perrin
After reading all of the Harry Potter books for the first time in the matter of months, I needed to find a new book series to get into. (I read all the HP books right after the Order of the Phoenix Movie came out...took only four and a half months.) Someone at work recommended the "Wheel Of Time" series by Robert Jordan. After reading the first book I was pretty much hooked! Right now I am only on book three and there are eleven all together. Soon there will be twelve which will complete the series. Sadly Robert Jordan died before he had written the last book. Fortunately he did leave an outline of the whole book and how he wanted it to end before he passed away. Another fantasy author is currently writing the book and it should be out in 2009.
If you like fantasy story lines then I defiantly recommend this series. It is really long series though! A little to long for my taste. I do think the author could have cut out a lot of the useless parts and shortened it up. Still it is a great read.
Now on to the best part of the series. There are actually some hot guys in it! Well at least from the description of the the characters. One of the main characters is named Perrin. He is a teenage blacksmith that is from a small village. He is described as being very large and muscular and a little on the gentile side. Hot bara-boy any one? Yummy. He fights mostly with a Ax and later on has some interesting things happen with him and Wolves....but I will not spoil it for you. In the story line he has trouble understanding women and does not seem to comfortable thinking of them romantically. Hmmm closet case maybe? LOL well maybe not but one can wish. In my mind I find him to be quite attractive...in a more masculine way then some of the other male characters. I guess that is why I decided to do a drawing of him. This is how I picture him whenever I am reading the book. I hope it does the character justice.
I think this this book series would make a fantastic anime! Someone tell a production company in Japan to get it started! I am sure both Japanese and American anime fans would love this if it was animated. For more information on the series and characters you can visit the link below.

5 comments:

Sidious said...

I adore your version of Perrin!
And your right, WOT is a great fantasy series and would make an awesome anime.
They are going to start adapting each book into comic form soon. I hope it comes out looking good, although something tells me i'll still gonna like your version of Perrin better though. ^_~
I hope you get to read the rest of the series soon. I've read everything so far and cant wait for the last book to come out!
I'm afraid to say anything else since your still early into the series. I dont wanna give anything away.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. And perhaps we'll see soem more WOT art from you in the future?
I'd love to see Rand and Mat in your style! XD

FMX said...

Wow someone else that finally knows about the series!
I am glad to hear that you like my version of Perrin. I bet the comic he will not be as attractive....but who knows. I am hoping that the art is good and they don't get some crappy artists to draw it...that tends to happen a a lot.
Mat and Rand....I just might have to do some fan art of them.

Sidious said...

Same here!
I'm always happy to find a fellow WOT fan! ^_^
And I really do hope you get the chance to do some WOT fan art.
There are some nice scenes from the books that would make for great pics to show off some of the guys bodies!
Theres a scene where Rand is in bed and not wearing anything. There are a bunch of Aes Sedai in the room with him and they refuse to leave so he has to go across the room naked to get his clothes!
And theres a scene where Mat is forced to wear really tight pants that show off his butt!
Robert Jordan gave us all some wonderful fan service! XD
As for the comic...
Here!
http://encyclopaedia-wot.org:8008/books/wotcomic/index.html
This site has a couple of preview images that show Lews Therin and the Forsaken from the Age Of Legends and Rand al'Thor and the Firaken from the present age.

I'm not to fond of how Rand looks in the picture, but I think it's just the angle of the pic.
A preview issue of the WOT comics is supposed to be released sometime in December.

FMX said...

Well I am a bit disapointed in the art work for the comic. I don't think the charcaters have any personality. They also look really old....wasen't Rand suppose to be a teenager??? LOL
That tends to happen alot with american comics....bad artits. Well sometimes mangs does not have the best artists. Guess I will have to do some fan art just to make the characters look half way decent. LOL

Sidious said...

That would be awesome!
I hope you do get the time to do some WOT art.
And even though i'm not too fond of the way they drew Rand I am still looking forward to the comic book comming out.
I really hope that they dont cut out too much of the story when they adapt it for the comics.