Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What A Weekend!!!


Well it was my 11Th year of going to the local anime convention and I must say it was a good one! Me and my friends costumes were a big hit with the con goers. They did get more attention then I did...which is to be expected due to the fact they were cute furry animal mascots. It was sad that a good amount to people did not know what series we were from. Come on Tenchi Muyo is a classic! I hears some people calling them "Bunny's" and even people even called them "Digimon". I wanted to slap my forehead so many times that weekend. More of the older con goers knew who we were and they even noted I was Tenchi. I got a lot of comments of how I made a good Tenchi. Which was good since I am not even Asian.

We did not win any prizes for the costume contest. I felt some people got jipped cause there were some freaking awesome costumes!!! I guess there were too many good ones to give prizes to them all. I was so worn out from the weekend. Who knew wearing a costume was so draining. I feel sorry for my friends costumes. They were incredibly hot! I am so cosplaying next year. My first year cosplaying went so well I am sure my second time will be just as great. Who knew this could be so addicting.


The art show and auction went very well. I won 2ND place digital for my Sailor moon piece. I had three of my art work displayed at the show and all of them sold. My Sailor moon one sold for $40, my Winter Goddess sold for $35 and my Harry Potter sold for $140. That was a nice prize to top off a wonderful weekend. (look below for the images I had in the art show)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yean..unfortunately now that Tenchi has been off mainstream syndication, not many people will be familiar with it, I loved it though, Mihoshi and Ayeka were always my favorites!

Congrats on winning! so...when youre gonna open commissions!? xD;;;

FMX said...

LOL I loved Mihoshi!
Commissions....hmmm I do need to open them up soon.