Monday, December 08, 2008


Hades - First Line Art
At work I mostly use Adobe Illustrator and Flash to draw out art work. I have gotten so sure to these programs that when I come home and do some of my own art work I forget how to use photoshop. It takes me a few tries to remember the hot keys and such. I never liked the idea of doing the ink work on the computer....I always would rather do it by hand. In a lot of ways I still like to do it that way. I never have done this extensive of an ink job at work. Most of the characters are more simplified and have the same line weight. Doing the line art for this image of Hades took a bit of time. I am sure there might be a better way of inking that is faster but I will have to find that info someplace.
What I like about inking this way is that I have much more control. I can go and edit the lines and erase any mistakes. The lines are so much more cleaner and that help out slot when I add color. It just takes a bit too long....oh well you got to give time to get quality.
Oh and I am realizing more and more how much of a sexy beast Hades is. He was not created to be a Bara/yaoi character. He is an actual villain in one of me non-hentai series....still he is a nice piece of hotness. I love how his chest came out in this pic. Yummy.

No comments: