Thursday, October 01, 2009


Zeke - Fan Art


I was in the mood the other day and posted on Twitter I was in the mood to draw and did not have any idea who to draw. So I got a couple of people telling me to draw a Anti-Heroes character. I did a image of Zeke per the creators request. If you are not familiar with Anti-Heroes, there is a link to the blog on this site. There is not only a blog with tons of hot drawing but also a full website. I am sure anyone who reads this blog is well aware of the site but just in case you are not I recommend checking it out!
One of my weaknesses in drawing is that I have a hard time placing my character in a cool body position. This is something that I really need to work on. I think my drawing can look a bit stiff and the poses can be kind of boring. So that is why this one kind of sucks. I hope JC likes it though!!! Gomen!!!

4 comments:

JC said...

LOVE!

It has all the characteristics of your men that I love: the chiseled body, the crisp lines, the attention to detail, and those beautiful not-quite anime, but non-quite western eyes! Perfect FMX piece.

But what I heart the most about it is that you have really nailed Zeke's personality. All too often, most Zeke fan-art is a little effeminate. My fellow artists tend to draw him in a woman's pose-- never as threatening or masculine as the other 2 Anti-Heroes. Granted, I know Zeke's personality is a little diva-ish... and he does kinda have a chick power (telepathy)... and he does wear all that jewelry-- so I see why people WANT to draw him femmy. But it was always my intention to portray him very masc but still very pretty.

So, don't get bogged down with the pose if you think it's a little static. I see it as imposing and masculine. This is why I thought you'd be a great artist to depict Zeke. I based him on character designs by Hirohiko Araki. He draws very pretty, yet tough-looking men. I see a lot of his style in your work-- sexy masculine, virile men-- but rendered with the softness and beauty of a dazzling anime heroine.

^___^

(btw, I might use my words in this blogger comment on my own blog when I post this baby-- hehe.)

THANKS MAN! You're a BOSS!

FMX said...

Well I am so glad that you liked it. I was once told that I draw Manley men with pretty faces. LOL I guess I am going for that whole fitness model look. Yeah I can see why all the jewelry would make people think he was more feminine. I tend not to draw my men that way so I guess it all worked out for the better. I had a good time drawing him. I need to do some more fan art for my fellow artists.

dreamerboy6 said...

I love that you gave JC some love. His Anti-Heroes are a blast and he's an awesome guy. You both need to post more often! I go through withdrawls when I don't get my fix of either of your stuff, haha! Anyway, great job with Zeke! :D

P.S. I love that JC called telepathy a "chick power"! XD What does that say about Charles Xavier? ;) Hahaha!

FMX said...

LOL yes JC is a awesome guy. always been really positive and kind to me and my works.
Yes we both need to post more often. I do not post as much as I would like.

Oh and I never thought telepathy was a chick power. But i never gave the notion much thought.